Happy April, everyone! These past few weeks have been so crazy with so many up and downs but with a whole lot of memorable moments stuck in between. It gave me so much pleasure writing this list and reliving some very special moments and I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them.
1. I’m going to be an aunty!! Last year I found out I’m having a little nephew at the end of April and I couldn’t be more excited about it. We’ve had to keep it quiet for a long time so that all the family could be told personally but I’ve finally been given the go-ahead to announce on my blog that I’m joining the aunt squad. Soo many superhero baby outfits to buy!
2. Easter eggs and hot cross buns are everywhere you look right now and I couldn’t be happier! Our local IGA stocks some of the British varieties such as Wispa and Galaxy Minstrels so I will definitely be gifting a few of those (and maybe sneaking a few into my own personal treat stash as well).
3. I finally FINALLY finished reading Pride and Prejudice, which has been on my ‘currently reading’ Goodreads list for literally years. It feels so good crossing that one off my list.
4. Last month I was very blessed to be able to help organise my sister-in-law’s baby shower. It was a lovely day and lots of special memories were made. Now we’re all just anxiously waiting for the arrival of the little man. Hurry up, Peanut!
5. I went to see the new adaptation of Beauty and the Beast with my family last Sunday and it was bee-uuuu-tiful!! I was really excited when I found out that Ewan McGregor was Lumiere and even more excited when I saw that library.
6. A few weeks ago, I was invited to attend a worship service/family day at a rehabilitation centre called Shalom by a lady from my church. I thought it would be really interesting to check out as I’m working with youth at-risk so it’s always handy to know what programs are running in the local community. It was a very humbling experience, hearing some of the life stories of the men and seeing how their lives have changed through being in the program.
7. I started a new photo project at the beginning of this year on my instagram account. It’s a photo gratitude project where I take a photo of something every day that I’m grateful for and is a bit on an accompaniment to my ‘Ten Happy Things’ project on this blog. It’s actually been a lot trickier than I thought it would be to think of something new to write about every day (and I’ve definitely missed more than a few days!). However, I’m finding the process of just stopping and taking a moment to think about all the good things I have in my life right now very beneficial to my mental health.
8. I actually managed to get myself to the gym three times last week. It was nowhere near my goal but every little bit helps.
9. One of my Christmas presents this year was a ‘Tanya Bakes’ cookbook and I got to use it for the first time last weekend. I made the birthday cupcakes for my sister-in-law’s baby shower and, I must say, I was pretty impressed with myself!
10. As of this week, I no longer have to work Thursday nights or Saturdays. I worked my last shift at my weekend job the week before last and it feels so strange to have Saturdays free after doing that shift for over a year now. It was quite sad to leave that job as I worked with some genuinely lovely people but it’s time for a new chapter in my work life.
Thanks so much for reading. Let me know in the comments what are some things that made you happy this week. Take care x